MONDAY 19/4 2021
Good to see the you all. Just a short repetition on what I said today in class:
1. Make the IA ”simple”! You should show that you understand how historians work – not make a unique PhD…
2. This textbook has good suggestions (already published here): IA from textbook. It’s written by people very involved in the IB so the information they give is worth while reading
3. Your research question is important – try to use the internet sources and see if the topic that interest you is something historians debate. If they do it will be easier for you to tap into this debate from your chosen point of view (and you will know what sources to look for – the main historians that debate the topic). You also need to think about how you phrase the question: Research Question – IA
4. This is a great place to find history articles: JSTOR
5. If you have a hard time finding a topic I have a few topics with some material:
– The Midsummer Crisis 1941 – a breach of Swedish neutrality (in Swedish)
– Stalin (several topics – from how he came into power to his ev. involvement in the killing of Kirov 1934 and the Great Purges in the later part of the 1930’s).
– Cuban Missile Crisis
– Hitler – strong or weak leader
– WWI – causes
– The Revolutions in Russia 1917 and Lenin
Contact me if you want to work with any of these topics and we can see how you can get access to some sources…
Welcome to your History IA!
On this page you will be able to find the documents that’s handed out in class + some documents that will help you when you write your History IA. Writing an IA is a process that will take some effort and time. The sooner you get started the better. We will be two teachers that will monitor your process and help you along the way. The first paper we will publish here is a short overview of the History IA from the History Syllabus. The second paper is an explanation of the IA from one of the IB textbooks:
1. IA – Syllabus 2017: Internal Assessment
2. Textbook explanation of the IA: IA from textbook
The first step towards a successful IA is a good topic and research question. The first paper here is a short explanation on how to express a good research question. The second paper is one you need to fill in:
1. Research Question: Research Question – IA
2. TOPIC/QUESTION suggestions: IA – Topics and questions
Good Luck with the History IA!