I have over 20 years of experience as an IBDP History teacher in the classroom. A few years ago I started to offer online tutoring. My focus as a teacher and tutor is modern history. Here you can find some more details:
Since Essay writing skills are very important I have included a basic course in Essay Writing Skills in the tutoring of Paper Two, Paper Three and the Internal Assessment. This basic course includes:
- Essay overview
- How to analyze the essay question
- How to plan the essay before you start writing
- How to write an essay introduction
- How to write an essay conclusion
- How to select arguments and evidence for the specific essay or Internal Assessment
- How to prepare for the Exam
FIRST MEETING – INFORMATION
The first meeting is always free. You will then answer a few questions:
- What Prescribed Subject does your course cover (Paper One)?
- What World History Topics did your teacher/class choose (Paper Two)
- If you are a Higher Level Student – What Two/Three Sections in European History has your teacher/class decided to focus on (Paper Three)?
- If you have received a predicted grade in History what was your last predicted grade?
- What grade are you aiming for (I know from experience that a 7 might be the automatic response, but make sure that this is a realistic estimation, not just wishful thinking) ?
- If possible I would also like to get some sample(s) of your Essay Writing
After I receive the answers to the questions above I will have an idea if it’s possible for me to help out. If it’s possible I will set up a plan for the tutoring.
I usually tutor students once a week and if you accept my plan you need to sign up for a minimum of five sessions. The session includes a MEET (I use ”Google MEET” when I tutor) with some exercises and discussions. Each session last between 45-60 minutes. I always charge a minimum of five lessons at a time, but I will not charge anything until we start the actual tutoring.
As mentioned, when I received some answers to the questions above (and I accept being your tutor) I will send you an overall plan of tutoring. If you accept it we will start as soon as I have received the first payment.
Comments from a few students 2021-2022
”I write to You to once again thank You for the tutoring, especially that yesterday I learned that I managed a 7 in history, and with a quite safe margin of 8 percentage points too. I’m pretty confident that without Your help such a score would not be possible”
”Thank you so much for the last 2 years as I think without you I would have never managed to get a 6 from history (I was never particularly crazy about it but you made me enjoy it)”
”I just wanted to let you know that I received a 6 in History and a score of 40 overall on my IB Diploma. This result exceeded all my expectations. Thank you so much for your help in the last months, I would not have been able to achieve this grade without it”
NOTE: I have tutored several students these last years. None of them has received a final grade below 6.
If you need my help or want to ask some questions about tutoring please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org